Septimiu Stoica is an attorney at law, Of Counsel in Dentons’ Bucharest office. He is one of the most experienced capital markets specialists in Romania. Septimiu participated in the establishment of the main Romanian markets and helped in drafting legislation and market regulations. Septimiu was the president of the Romanian Stock Exchange, president of RASDAQ (Romanian Electronic Stock Exchange), still President of the Romanian Commodities Exchange and a board member in various financial institutions. He has also dealt with legal matters within privatizations, M&A, financial leasing, intellectual property, banking and finance, securities and pensions projects. Septimiu has lectured at training programmes on the capital markets and published various articles in the field. Septimiu Stoica is an arbiter, President of the Arbitrage Court of the Bucharest Stock Exchange and also a mediator.
ACTIVITIES AND AFFILIATIONS
Prior and Present Employment
- President – Romanian Commodities Exchange 1992-1995, 2008 – present)
- President – Institute for Corporate Governance (2008-2010)
- Vice-President and then President of the Board of Directors – Bucharest Stock Exchange (2001-2008)
- Vice-President – Brokers Association (2006-2008, 2000-2001)
- President – Arbitration Court of Bucharest Stock Exchange (2004)
- President – Board of Directors, RASDAQ (1996-2001)
- President – General Director of several brokerage companies (1995-2005)
- Principal Researcher – Bucharest IT Institute (1984-1992).
- Academy of Economic Studies, 2007, PhD
- Bucharest University Law School, 2005, Master’s Degree in European Studies and EU Legislation
- Romanian-American University of Bucharest, Law Faculty, 1998, JD
- Polytechnics University, Automatics and Computers Science Faculty, 1981, BA